Links
Contact
Search
Links
Karbala 2004 Mod on BIF
Bohemia Interactive Forums
Operation Flashpoint Fans site
View Thread
Karbala 2004 - modification for Operation Flashpoint | Karbala 2004 Mod | General discussion
Author Karbala 2004 Mod - work report
krzychuzokecia
Super Administrator

Posted on 01-07-2010 17:45
Hello!
Welcome in official WIP thread of Karbala 2004 Mod for Operation Flashpoint: Resistance. We're working on the for some time and it's time to sum up a few things.
What we want to have is:
- total conversion mod incl. music, sounds, GUI, etc.
- animations and maps/islands (Karbala downtown, and suburbs) by Bielow
- Polish soldiers, Iraqi insurgents and civilians by Miho
- weapons and vehicles
- campaign and missions about the battle for Karbala city hall in 2004 by Guziczek101 and me.

What we've done already is:
- music by Bielow, G44 and USMCSonic
- enviroment sounds by me (alpha)
- Polish soldier in desert camo by Miho (also alpha).

Unfortunately Bielow, G44 and Guziczek101 left the team, but we're still in contact.
Also BronzeEagle and Vilas allowed us to use parts of their addons when we'll need, THANKS!

What we're doing now:
- Polish soldiers by Miho
- 9mm pistolet wz.83 Wanad (polish P-83 Wanad pistol, 9mm Makarov caliber) by me.

I'll post photos soon (when Miho send me this soldiers :P), but one screen is already in our WIP gallery. Also, be ready for little suprise :)
649896255 Send Private Message
Author RE: Karbala 2004 Mod - work report
krzychuzokecia
Super Administrator

Posted on 18-07-2010 17:01
Hello!
It's time for sum up again!
We're still improving our soldiers. As you can see on the latest screenshots they were given new textures fro wz.93 vest - now we have two kinds of them: polish wz.93 and american. What you can't see are wounds textures by Miho - really bloody!
Soon you'll see (I hope) new screenshots of our Polish Weapon Pack. This pack isn't really part of Karbala Mod, it is much older (I'm working on it for some time), but we decided that our mod won't use OFPL weapons in final version. So now 0.1 alpha version of this pack consists from Vilas Beryl, Mini-Beryl, AKMS and UKM-2000 (thanks Vilas!) and my P-83 Wanad pistol. In future versions Vilas models will be phased out by mine.
It's still confidential what will be in mini-demo, but (thanks to miho smiley) you know that we're preparing Honker. Probably, our Honker won't be in demo, but it's almost sure that we'll include Tumak vehicle - HMMWV made for Poland. This will be remodeled and retextured BIS Hummer.
More addons are on the way, but they are still top-secret smiley After mini-demo we'll show you more!
krzychuzokecia
Super Administrator

Posted on 01-08-2010 19:07
Another WIP report!
We've updated our work in progress gallery: http://karbala2004.ubf.pl/photogallery.php?album_id=1
What interesting you can see there?
First version of Tarpan Honker that will be included in mini-demo http://karbala2004.ubf.pl/photogallery.php?photo_id=16, and first objects for Karbala map http://karbala2004.ubf.pl/photogallery.php?photo_id=21. Also you can see bunch of other screenshots showing older stages of our mod!
Over and out
Krzychuzokecia
krzychuzokecia
Super Administrator

Posted on 13-08-2010 13:49
OK, another report.

We're finishing PKW-I soldiers - at the moment we can say that 75% of equipment is done, although we still need some textures. Also LAM PWP is getting better and better, we're polishing config files, and we're adding new optics. Bielow is working not only on Demo Island but also on maps to final release, objects are being slowly made.
krzychuzokecia
Super Administrator

Posted on 18-10-2010 14:47
Hello everyone!

It's been some time since we last posted, so listen. We're coming closer and closer to something we called 'Road to Demo - Phase 3'. What it means? We almost finished PKW-I soldiers (90% done - rest are scripts and effects that will be in 1.0), we're polishing models of Honker and Ambulance (new textures in Phase 4), we almost have HMMWV in desert camo, and we have first Bulgarian units and (thanks to LoBo mod!) terrorists. Also Bielow is near completing the demo map, although some buildings and structures are still missing. We will post new screenshots after completing Phase 3.
And be cautious! We're planning something for you after Phase 4!smiley
krzychuzokecia
Super Administrator

Posted on 09-04-2011 22:59
Hello everyone!
It's about time to sum up a few things. First is that we won't make demo of our mod... Or, I should say that we won't make demo we wanted to, plans have changed. You've already saw screenshots of Polish soldiers, that we've promised long time ago. Since that time we've decided to change few things in them, and add hidden selections. This way we'' have virtually hundreds of models! But still, vests are standard WW4 ones, not looking like Polish Moratex.
About vehicles. We've said that textures for Humvee will come first. Not true - I couldn't make them the way I wanted to, so I started making textures for Honker from scratch - if everything will go well, you'd see them soon.
Demo map - will be, but Bielow started making custom animations. I saw some of them - they're good smiley Also, we were given objects for map from two teams, but at the time being it's top secret - Bielow is working on them.
About weapons - nothing really new, apart from the fact that LAM Polish Weapons Pack was changed to KB04 Weapons Pack, and now have some weapons for Mahdi's Army.
But we have also something really hot: early version of Bulgarian soldiers! Made by Krzychuzokecia, using WW4 soldiers, don't have weapons at this moment. They were lying on my HDD for some time (in fact it was very long time), but I never touched them again because I wasn't satisfied with their quality. But I've decided to show them to celebrate the 7th anniversary of Battle for City Hall.
http://www.karbala2004.ubf.pl/photogallery.php?photo_id=27
http://www.karbala2004.ubf.pl/photogallery.php?photo_id=28
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Users Online
Guests Online: 1
No Members Online